HISTORY OF ESTABLISHMENT
PlanMalaysia@Selangor was established as the Office of Town and Country Planning in 1958. It is part of the Town and Country Planning Office of Selangor, Negeri Sembilan and Malacca.
The Selangor Town and Country Planning Office was established on September 1, 1960. The first Selangor Town and Country Planning Officer was Mr. W. Fairbank, who is also the Town Planning Officer of the Negeri Sembilan and Malacca City Planning Department.
In 1970, the Selangor Town and Country Planning Office which was located in Damansara relocated to the Selangor State Government Secretariat Building in Jalan Raja, Kuala Lumpur. To address the problem of limited floor space and the floods that hit Kuala Lumpur in 1971, the office was relocated to Spooner Road, Kuala Lumpur in 1975.
In May 1978, the Selangor Town and Country Planning Office was transferred to the Selangor State Development Corporation (PKNS) complex in Shah Alam, Selangor. The total number of Department personnel at that time was 54.
In December 1982, the department moved to the Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah Building, Shah Alam. In year 1986, the name of the Selangor State Town and Country Planning Office was changed and became known as the Selangor State Town and Country Planning Department (JPBD Negeri Selangor).
In April 2002, the Selangor State Town and Country Planning Department relocated and began operations at the Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shahdan Building to this day.