- JPBD Selangor was first established and known as the Office of the Town and Village in 1958. It is part of the Office of the Town and Village of Selangor, Negeri Sembilan and Melaka.
- Town and Village Offices State established on 1 September 1960. Town Planning Officer and the Village is the first State of En. W. Fairbank, who is also a Town Planning Officer for the Department of Town and Village, Negeri Sembilan and Melaka.
- In 1970, the Office of Town and Village Affairs, located in Damansara Selangor was moved to the Selangor State Secretariat Building in Jalan Raja, Kuala Lumpur, but due to the problem of floor space and floods in Kuala Lumpur in 1971, this office has moved to Spooner Road, Kuala Lumpur in 1975.
- In May 1978, the Office of Town and Village have been moved to Selangor State Development Corporation Complex Selangor (PKNS) in Shah Alam, Selangor.
- In December 1982, this office building has been moved to the Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah, Shah Alam. In 1986, the name of the OfficeTown and Village State has changed and is known as the Town and Country Planning Department of Selangor.
- In April 2002, the Department of Town and Country Planning State Building once again moved to Darul Ehsan, Shah Alam until now.